Surviving the Creative Agency, Part-1



The work offer began without any prior discussion or whatsoever. I called up Kashfia, my dear from IUB with whom I have taken multiple courses and held group presentations. She told me that yes, she has an opening at Positive Hub. I asked her that when should I start. She replied "Come, tomorrow!"

The day was March 09, 2017 and soon took my bike to Kemal Ataturk Avenue. Before leaving home, I checked the office address where it was told that Positive Hub is located at Awwal Tower. I parked my bike on the footpath adjacent to the huge tower and took the elevator all the way to the 7th floor. The office gates were locked. I asked the guards if they knew anything related to Positive Hub. They couldnt reply. I momentarily called Kashfia and she corrected the address telling that I need to move forward to a tower called PBL Tower at Gulshan Ciricle-2.

It was a disappointment. The facade to the PBL tower looked old. The building had an age to it with a probable number of 20 years or more. I soon ascended to the 13th floor. The entrance was adorned by a glass door and Sarco was written on the walls with backlight illumination.

I soon attended the interview and I was told to join from the very next day. I was offer BDT 20,000 as a part-timer with 3 days of work per week. Three major accounts were handed out to me, Pran Frooto, Latina and Fresh Cement.

The agency life began.

I soon came to realize that you need to outperform your colleagues and help them too when it comes to work. There were moments we faced huge problems that required collective decisions. We succeeded eventually.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Logic Floor (Part One)