Floating Tears


Looking down, she asked me,
“Why don’t you just hold my hand?”
“Do I have to?”
“Yes, you have to!”
“But I think it’s not that necessary!”
But she took her left hand and gave it to me.The hand wore the traces of the arteries, veins and nerves which were the cause behind such aesthetic beauty. I felt like it was taking me ages to get her soft and subtle hand.
“Wow! You never held a girl’s hand before?”
She asked and I could see that tiny humor on the niche of her lips!
“No”, I said with little hesitation.
“Your hands are shaky!” She murmured.
“Well, are you ready to jump?”
Questioning this, I looked at her and was shocked! Tears were coming down from her eyes and each tear drop was rich with the catastrophes of her life.

I asked myself, “Is this beauty?” Two persons holding their hands and they are in doubt whether they are ready to jump or not. Her hair grew inch by inch as the wind was blowing each and every second. Her black eyes contained all the facts and emotions. I could see another world through her brown eyes and it was full of disgusts, hatred and melancholy. The more I looked into her eyes, I felt the weakness and the draining out of my energy. It seemed that a black hole was swallowing me, starting with my eyes, my face, my head and ultimately my body. So I stopped looking at her.

“Listen, once we jump, you have to say me something”
I heard this and it was not easy to let go of this stimuli.
“Okay, I will say it for sure”
She nodded and said “You will have to say it to me once I ask you!”
“Promise?”
I gave a trustworthy face and said "I will.”

As soon as I finished saying this, she took her eyes and focused them on mine.
“I never thought that you were the one!”
“What?”
“Okay, here we go!!!”
And there we jumped. We began the descend from a limitless height. This time we felt an unlikely thrill. The adrenaline rush was constantly moving from hers to mine and the acting bridge between us were our hands.
She whispered,
“Look at our hands!”
‘Wow, they seem different”
“Yes, they do”
“But, do you know why?”
Some answers did tickle my mind but I asked,
“Why”
She opened her lips. The curve, the beautiful but devouring eyes, the straight pointed nose all towards me and she slowly asked kindly “Do you love me?”
I saw her saying it and each and every word came into my blood and gave such a jolt that my senses slowed down. I could see her tears were floating by and she was like a ever crying human. Each tear drop floated all its way and kept a path to our descend, particularly from the place we jumped from. I slowly said,
“I love you”
She closed her eyes and her heart stopped beating. Her face gave away all those neurotic sadness, agony and the melancholy.
She took me real close and I got the smell of her blowing hair, her body.

And then it happened, the whole dimension cracked upon us. The descend was not meant to end, but it took a sudden halt. Sights, sounds, laughter, noises, feelings, emotions all went blank. My eyes were too weak to absorb this extreme brightness .It took me a while to realize that I was surrounded by all the seven hues of light and each had its distinctive style of revolution. I looked every where for her, but there was no one except this almighty emptiness. Suddenly, I heard someone telling me
“My love, look around you”
“Yes I am looking around”
“What do you see?”

Slowly it happened. The emptiness gave away its might and the blue sky appeared, showing a way to an infinite horizon and a red sun was seen to be hiding behind that.

I said to myself “Wow, it’s a Dawn”

By Ahnaf Ahsan Suny
Written on 7/22/11

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surviving the Creative Agency, Part-1

The Logic Floor (Part One)